Beginning 3/23/2020, we will be closing our Wilkes-Barre and Shavertown lobbies to member traffic and enacting walk-up service. When you reach the office, please give us a call, and we will process your transaction and bring it right out to you. We strongly encourage you to bring your own pen. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Loans will still be processed by pre-scheduled appointment in the Wilkes-Barre office. Our hours will remain the same at this time.
If you don’t wish to venture outside, we can also mail you a withdrawal check.
For those members who have purchased credit disability insurance on their loans, the insurance company has confirmed that social distancing and layoffs do not qualify for coverage. We are investigating the availability of other relief options. Please watch your April newsletter for any details.
At U.F.C.W. Local 72 FCU, we are taking the COVID-19 crisis seriously. Our Wilkes-Barre, Hazleton, and Shavertown branches will remain open regular hours to serve you fully since banking is an “essential” service. However, in an abundance of caution, effective 3/18/2020, our Wyoming branch will be open for telephone service only through 3/30/2020.
Your safety is important to us. We are taking additional precautions for the health of our members and staff:
- We have increased our cleaning regimen, including wiping down door handles, counters, and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Staff members are using gloves for protection in handling money.
- We are requiring all staff members who feel ill to stay home.
- We encourage members to bring their own pens in order to sign receipts and checks.
- Check-by-mail fees shall be waived during this time of “social distancing.”
Have you signed up for a debit card? Online account access? If you have a checking account with us, now is an excellent time to request a debit card and/or online account access for 24/7 access to your funds!
Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this confusing time.